I prefer to build my repositories from the scratch, because the process of creating the Vmware and configuring the platforms helps me understand what the functions the platform offer and gives me a sense of how technology is applied to a repository and for what purpose it is applied. I am also becoming familiar with the installation process of different platforms on the same Virtue station. Starting from a scratch also improved my troubleshooting skills and helped my understanding of the implementation of the command lines, which might be helpful for the future exploration of the digital collection. Building a repository from scratch obviously taught me how a repository is structured and modified as well.
I appreciate the information offered in this class. Although I have worked in a library for a few years, it is not easy for me to take in and comprehend technological terms and I was not inspired to explore the new technologies. When I first started this class, I did not fully understand what a repository was or how it worked, but now I can say I know what it is and even know how to build my own repository with different platforms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment