Sunday, June 15, 2008

Text editor

Although I had a lots problems to installing vim tutor on my VMware, I was still able to do hand-on assignments with text editor. It was fun creating a file with nano and editing it. Working with nano is just like to work with word processor but your hands don't need to move off the keyboard, and the help menu on the bottom of the page is really handy. I also tried out commands like cp, rm, and less, etc. In addition, I typed vim after $ and a menu showed up,
However, I couldn't figure out how to exit the menu page.

I learned how sensitive the CLI is to the case and space. In unit 3, I couldn't see the root list because I didn't know there was a space between cd and /. When I figured out the trick to CLI, I felt I was so stupid but so happy at the same time.

This course not only taught me some technology, but also helped me practice my writing skills. When I read the discussions and blogs my classmates had posted, I need courage to post my writing. Anyway, when I saw my classmates and Bruce's quick response to my questions, I didn't feel alone anymore. I appreciate your help.

No comments: