Sunday, June 22, 2008

Various installations

There was only one problem with working through these various installations. In assignment 5, I couldn't find the OK button to save the information in the form I filled out for adding new users. I posted this problem on the activity area, and got a lot of responses that were either similar questions from other people or the solution for my problem. It turned out this forum is very helpful. Thank you for your help guys.

I have a question for the server ubuntu and desktop ubuntu that are all installed in the Vmware workstation. What is the relationship between these two softwares? I can use terminal to run CLI in the desktop and GUI can be performed with the webmin in the server. It seems to me that server and desktop perform the similar application, so why do we need to have both of them in the Vmware workstation?

No comments: