I started to learn HTML from “HTML tutorial, and PowerPoint: How to Create a Web Site”. It was not hard to understand the concepts and structure, but I still needed time to think it over.
HTML tutorial provides handy instructions and practice examples with their editor. It is easy to understand and follow. In addition, the HTML example and template the lecture provided is another useful resource. I used that template to create my web site. It took me some time to figure out how to display images, which were saved on my computer drivers and did not have web address in my Web page. Unfortunately, it is still my problem.
I did have problem with the installation at the beginning because I burned my live CD with DVD creator rather than CD burner. This caused a big trouble for me to install Ubuntu server on my primary computer. It took me a lot time to find out this problem. Otherwise, installation should be going on smoothly. After assigning the fixed address and installing the webmin for my demo system, I tested it with the browser of my host computer with https://192.168.1.3:10000, and it turned out I can access it from the browser of my host system . I am eager to do something on my demo system remotely through my host system's browser or through an ssh connection.
No comments:
Post a Comment