Monday, July 14, 2008

Unit8

I have been using MARC for 3 years. I didn't realize that MARC would become obsolete before I took unit 8. When reading the papers,“MARC must die” and “A bibliographic metadata infrastructure for 21st century”, I was shocked and scared. I shared the information with my colleagues, and they don't believe that MARC will be substituted by XML soon. This might be a trend, but it won't happen so soon.

I learned XML with W3 school Online tutorial. I like to use this resources to teach myself because it is easy to understand and switch to the different tutorials for reference.

So far I have not had any problem with the installation of my demo system. During setting up the headless mode for my demo computer, I learned how to get rid of user password of my demo computer that I accidentally set up when I installed Ubuntu server on it. I am so excited that I can remotely access and manipulate my demo computer from my primary computer.

No comments: